A mighty landscape with wild and unspoiled nature. Greenland offers endless vistas and a stillness enveloped in a beautiful light.
Inland ice covers the majority of Greenland. In the summer, the ice-free coastal line is a fantastic panorama of mountains, inlets and bays. In other words, a unique area for kayaking.
We will also do some light mountain walking to a peak with a view of the inland ice.
The tour in brief:
- Arctic atmosphere with kayaking between icebergs.
- This trip is suitable for paddlers with limited kayaking experience. We will be using sturdy two-person kayaks. Single kayaks are available for participants with more experience.
- There is a good chance that we will encounter some whales.
- The tour will extend to the sparsely populated eastern coast, which we can reach via Iceland. We will travel by plane to the village of Kulusuk and start our trip there. We will return by boat to Tasilak village at the end of the trip.
- The tempo will be casual with 6-8 hours of paddling per day.
- We will stay overnight in tents and prepare our own food with camping stoves.
Duration. 12 days. 8 days of kayaking.
Participants. Min 6 - Max 8.
Accomodation. Tent and two nights in a house after the trip in Tasilaq village.
Transportation. The participants will make their own way to Kulusuk Airport in Greenland via Iceland. We will meet the participants at Kulusuk airport.
Guide. Roope Roine.
Price. 2600 €
Insurance. The participants are responsible for their own insurance. Travel insurance is recommended.
Included in the price. Guide services. Food. Transfers during the week. Accomondation in twin rooms in Tasilak after trip. Tent. Kayak + equipment.
Not included in the price. Travel to Greenland (Kulusuk airport). Insurance.